Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

To Set a Course




In the past I have read thru “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren to help me focus on my role and purpose in my activities at church. I’ve always found it to be an excellent help to refine where to “burn my energy”.

I realize there have been some strong criticisms of this book. The two main complaints I have heard are 1. It is not Christ centered and 2. It is works based. My answer to that is – to me – it is obvious that the criticizer has NOT read the book at all.

During July I’m going to read thru it again but this time broadening my application to all aspects and roles of my life.

I’m looking forward to seeing where this takes me.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about this book. I find it ironic that someone would criticize something for not being Christian based, that doesn't seem like a Christian attitude. LOL! This book is on my mental reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone can learn from that book. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.