Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Encyclopedia of Moi: A

I had some time between my chores to play on the computer and decided to work on my “A” list.  Now I’m caught up!  (Nice to be caught up on at least one thing in my life!  LOL)

Auntie: I truthfully had no idea how much these little ones were going to wrap me around their cute little fingers. WRAPPED. (But not so much that I’ve become a pushover…) I cannot say how much I look forward to my ‘baby time’.

AAA: I don’t leave home without my AAA card! I’ve been a member for almost 30 years (with a few lapses – which I have regretted!). Besides the auto service things like towing and jump starts, the tour books and maps are great. My favorite thing about AAA is that it doesn’t cover an auto… it covers the driver. So if I am using Best Friend’s car and it breaks down, I won’t be stranded. Sweet!

 
Adventure: … Gotta have it! Now mind you, I’m not one of these base-jumper adrenaline junkies, but I certainly like to get the blood moving. But adventure isn’t all about getting a ‘rush’. It’s any step out of your experience or comfort zone. Adventure might be going to the opera or trying Indonesian food. It’s spice to keep your life from becoming bland.

Aurora Borealis: I’ve seen small displays a few times in North Dakota. Beautiful. Someday I want to go further north to hopefully see a really spectacular one and to photograph them. Here is a site that gives a daily prediction on aurora activity: http://www.gedds.alaska.edu/auroraforecast/  

 
Artichokes: Yummy! Any recipe that has artichoke in it gets a second look from me. One of my favorite ways to eat them is to simply steam and dip in melted butter. But I’ve noticed in the last few years it is getting very difficult to find a good artichoke in the stores. Stores seem to carry only pitiful small dried-up buds more suited for a crafts project than the dinner table.

Avgolemono soup: My absolute favorite soup is this tangy Greek lemon chicken soup. Greek comfort food! Here is an easy recipe for it: http://ingredientsclarksville.blogspot.com/2010/10/advanced-greek-cooking-class.html  

 
Amazing Race: One of the few shows I watch on TV. I would even be interested in doing it… tho I don’t know who I would have as a partner. Himself? NO WAY. While he is fabulous when we get to our destination, he is the worlds worst with the actual “travel” part. Best Friend? That could be a possibility. She’s certainly good at barking at me to hurry up in an airport!

Antarctica: On the top of my “dream” list is a cruise to the Antarctica. I already have the tour picked out. It’s with National Geographic Expeditions. Check it out! http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/expeditions/antarctica-cruise/detail  

 
Andulusian horses: First time I saw one of these beautiful animals it was love at first sight! I’ve been plotting ever since how I can get one of my very own. Some day…

Archery: In my plans for our yard, there is one for an archery range. It’s a sport I have always enjoyed but haven’t had much opportunity to pursue. I own a recurve bow with a 45# draw weight and I’m looking forward to using it again!

3 comments:

  1. Teri, this is such an interesting project. What a great way to get to know you! I also have a love for Andalusian horses. They are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teri,
    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! You made my day! (I'm so easily pleased!!) I totally dig your A list- I love being an aunt also and your little ones are adorable!! Love their names too!!
    Artichokes, you know- never tried those, but I'm going to get brave someday and try..I'm inspired when you talk so warmly about them. The Greek chicken soup sounds yummy too, it's on my list of things to try- thanks!
    Andalusian horses..GORGEOUS! I have a friend who has a couple, they are fantastic! I think about the Black Stallion books when I see them although he was an Arabian, the Andalusians have that amazing elegant look also..
    You have so many blogs under your information, so I choose this one, sounded interesting with a walkabout- totally Australian even though I see you're in the states!
    Thanks again for leaving a comment and visiting my blog, I'll definitely be back here again!
    Amy in Norway :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.