Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Encyclopedia of Moi: F

Finally!  I Found time to Focus on a blog post that doesn’t look like I Floundered around writing something that Flowed off a Factory assembly line.  It’s a Fact for a while it Faded from memory.  But I’m back now to have some more Fun!


Fall This is my favorite time of the year. Hot, miserable summer is over and won’t be back for 8 or 9 months. YES! The trees are beautiful; the mornings are crisp and cool.

Fencing No… not what keeps the varmints out of your yard. Fencing as in sword play (tho that would be pretty good at keeping varmints out too!). Never have had an opportunity to learn tho. Maybe someday.


Feathers  I was one of those kids who picked up any feather she could find.  I don’t so much anymore (what to do with them?) but I now enjoy taking photos of feathers. 

Funky Junk   If I could only go to one decorating blog, Funky Junk Interiors would be it.  Donna has a wicked sense of style and a sweet personality – making for some truly ‘funky’ and cool designs.  (Even if she won’t let her son paint his room black!  LOL)   http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/ 


Farmer's Markets   Love, love, love a good farmer’s market!  It stretches every sense and is a treasure hunt too.  It just gets to me something awful when we are in developing countries and go thru a wonderful, vibrant market and I can’t buy & eat any of the produce!!!  I have been known to buy anyway and share my bounty along the way. 

Foodie   If you’ve read my blog for any length of time, it is no surprise that I am a total foodie.  I love shopping for food, cooking food, and eating food.  If it is from another culture that is even better! 


Fog   Except when I have to drive in it, I love fog.  Living on the river, we have many foggy mornings.  I like to take my cuppa out on the deck and wrap up in a warm robe, to watch the world in black and white.  Sounds are muffled and soft.  The light is gentle.  It’s incredibly peaceful. 

Frugal     Not cheap… not stingy.  Frugal.  That’s me.  Dad says I am a good one for sniffing out a bargain.    I’ll spend good money where it will make a difference.  But if I can get a good deal; well -- I’m all about that too!   


Feeding birds   Himself started feeding birds about 5 years ago because he had a huge window in front of his desk.  I didn’t pay much attention until we moved out here to the ‘sticks’.  I was amazed at the different types of birds there were… some I had never seen before.  Now we are working on a “bird garden” with flowers and plants that are attractive to them and all sorts of feeders to bring in even more.   

Franklin Graham    He’s someone I really admire.  The son of Billy Graham, it took him a while to find his place.  His book “Rebel With a Cause” showed me that strong Christians don’t have to be meek and mild all the time.  It was a turning point for me, and helped me to find my place.  He is the president of Samaritan’s Purse and several other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.