Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Encyclopedia of Moi: G


Getting back into the Groove, here's the letter G!



Galilee School: Galilee is located in the Soweto slum of Nairobi, Kenya. It is a fantastic school offering the hope that education brings to the poorest of children. We sponsor two bright young men there – Duncan and Tetteng. In fact, I will be doing a blog about this school in about a week. I guarantee you will be amazed at what has been achieved there!  http://www.nairobikids.org/ 

Greyhounds: If I were to have another dog, it would definitely be a retired Greyhound. They are such sweet dogs. Sometimes not the sharpest tack in the box but they will do anything for you if they can just figure out what it is! We adopted Misha (kennel name “Jacob Boy”) he was just the best.

 
Gruff Goat:   Some children have a doll for a lovey. Some have a teddy bear. Mine was a goat. He was handmade in Burnsville, NC. At one time he had felt horns, a tail and whiskers and he has had numerous “stuffing surgeries”.

Green Beret:   It is a hat. Worn by some incredible men… Himself was one of them. They are some of the most capable, intelligent, knowledgeable nut cases I’ve ever met. ;-D (Yeah Dave… I might be talking about you too… but which adjective is yours??)

 
Gene Kelly: He certainly had style! And grace. And fantastic moves. Never seen Gene Kelly dance? You need to rent “An American In Paris” immediately. Or come borrow it from me!

Garlic: I would have a hard time cooking without using garlic. Tried to grow it once but the squirrels kept digging it up and eating it. Maybe I have Italian squirrels…

 
Great Wall of China This is on my ‘short list’ of places I want to experience. I almost got to go back in 2003 but the trip was canceled due to fears of SARS.

Grapefruit Ahhhh… my fruit of choice. A nice ripe ruby grapefruit – with salt, thank you very much!

 
Glass:   Not much catches my eye like colored glass.  Blown glass, stained glass, sea glass.  While in Tacoma, WA a few years ago I went to a workshop where I made a small blown glass bowl.  In an upcoming trip to WA, I plan to go back and make a few more items! 

Geology:   My name is Teri... and I am a rock hound.  I love picking up stones from the various places we have traveled.  I also have a collection of various minerals and fossils.  And we aren't going to talk about overweight luggage or shipping fees...














1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to add another G.. for Great.. that's what this post is. Thank you so much for pointing out Sean's video of sheep playing with the dog. I will absolutely include it with tomorrow (Wednesday)'s Posts of the Week as your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.