Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

A Southern Adventure: Good Eats - Hick's

While researching for our Southern adventure, I checked out http://www.roadfood.com/  to see what sort of ‘good eats’ I could find along the way.

And that is how I came across the Southern Hot Tamale. Yes, you’ve read that correctly… a SOUTHERN tamale…known as a Delta tamale. No one is sure how the Deep South came to be a home for tamales but home it is.

According to Roadfood, the best place in Clarksdale for tamales was Hicks. That opinion was repeated by Marc over at the Shack Up and the guy on duty at the blues museum.

 
So we headed down State St until we found the drive-up building. Warned they are small, we bought a half dozen to try. I wish we had bought more!

This is definitely someplace I’ll come back to when we return to the Shack Up Inn.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! I don't think I've ever met a tamale I didn't like :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.