Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Peril of Having a Plan


I had it all planned out. I knew what I was going to do over the summer. But have you heard the saying “If you want to hear God laugh, make a plan”?


We came home from our Easter trip to find that after 16 inches of rain in 3 days… my newly neaten hobby room was now wet. What remodel was at the end of the list was just shoved to the top of the list.

So all the work I did this winter is now deconstructed and moved out to our garage (only the finished side of the basement leaked…). Next project is to tear all the paneling down and rip out the carpet. We will have it watersealed (if it happened once…it can happen again).

And then I have to put everything back together again. The upside is I’ll be able to put it back together as I want it. Tile floor instead of carpet. Drywall instead of dark paneled walls. An awkward useless closet removed. An equally useless bar also removed. That will be Phase One. I’m going to be learning a lot of DIY skills.

Phase Two will have to wait until next winter. That is when I will install custom shelves for all my books and hobby items, and otherwise get it put together in a cool way.

And while I did have working on the ‘courtyard’ area next to our front porch on my summer to-do list, I will have to escalate the project to include water control measures. Apparently huge amounts of water pooled and washed around the foundation during the deluge. I have to come up with a way to stop that.

But I am determined to do at least some of the creative projects I had planned too. I’ve had those on the back burner so long and I feel I really need the outlet of creating.

I know everything will work out. Just because God laughed and changed mine plan… I’m sure He has given me a better one that He’s planned.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!

    Glad you're able to see the bright side of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to leave a comment-I sent you an email to thank you about David's spices. Hope this goes through.

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.