Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pinterest Inspired: Dino Planter

As a child, I watched the claymation show “Gumby”.  One of the characters was Trixie the Triceratops.  I loved that show and I’ve always liked triceratops since then.


So when I saw this cute little triceratops toy at Goodwill for .25c, I just had to get it.  I had seen fun little planters for air plants or succulents or cactus and now I could make one too.


It took my sharp pair of craft snips to cut thru the rubber body. 

Then I put a bit of dirt in and a chick from my hen-and-chicks plant.  I left the ‘tail’ long on the chick to help anchor it into the soil. 


I love how it turned out!  It makes me smile whenever I see it.







1 comment:

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.