Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Multi-Purpose Workbench

For Christmas and my birthday, my parents gave me cash to buy whatever I wanted… and that was TOOLS!  I got a compound miter saw, a nail gun, and an air compressor.  I wanted to build a workbench/storage bench for my projects.   But I had no idea how to put them together or what to do with those tools once they were together! 
 So I called a friend who is a contractor (he just finished remodeling our hall bathroom – more on that at a later date!).  Dan came over and put together the tools, then gave me lessons in how to use them as we constructed my workbench.  He’s a great teacher!

We built the workbench to my plans…

… which wasn’t as nicely ‘finished’ as he would have done had it been his plans.  But I learned a lot doing it my way…with some tweaks made by Dan. 

The top is a whole piece of plywood.  It is pretty high but that is how I wanted it.  I don’t like to have to stoop down when I’m working on something.  The shelves hold 12 small tubs and 8 large tubs.

They are labeled with what I’ve stored in them.

I wrote the labels on the handles too so I can see just by looking down which tub I need to grab.

It frees up a lot of space in my hobby room (or at least will once I get that remodeling project done!). 

I love how it turned out!  My first project on it was the Roseman Bridge memory shelf.  I can’t wait to work on other project on it.









3 comments:

  1. What great storage! And nothing's stuck under a pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Did you secure the bench to the floor, or is it moveable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice.....great idea to label fronts and tops of handles.

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.