Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

My Artful Friday #3: Dragonfly

The current theme at Inspiration Avenue is “Dragonfly”.  This one is right up my alley!  I love dragonflies.  Out here at The Sticks we have so many of them darting about.  This is fantastic as they munch on mosquitoes!  Go dragonflies!! 
 
 
My painting is acrylic on canvas.  And I added some stick-on iridescent purple crystals to the wings to give it some sparkle. 
 
 
This photo was taken at the lake near our house (not to far from where I photographed the rocky area I used in the previous challenge).  They have enjoyed the HOT summer we’ve had.
 
 
This was taken at Cheekwood during the Chihuly exhibition a couple of years ago. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I like that you had the wings go off the canvas - makes an interesting composition. And the wing sparkles are a great idea. visiting from IA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and expressive- wonderful use of color and imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your dragonfly appears to be flying up and onto the page. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.