Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cooking at Ingredients: Basic Sauces (recipe)

I picked up another interesting cooking class at Ingredients… and this time Himself was able to go with me.  It was taught by a Clarksville caterer Ross Wilson, owner and chef at Fire and Ice Catering.  (http://www.fireandicetn.com/ )
 
 
We learned how to make a variety of basic sauces.  I was excited about the class because I had planned to learn some of these on my own (and some I already have down pat).
 
 
Alfredo
 
 
Marinara
 
 
Basil Pesto
 
 
Marsala
 
 
Piccata
 
 
Mascarpone Cream
 
 
A’la Vodka
 
 
 
OK, I was lazy today about typing out the recipe and instead scanned it in.  You can see my “Teri Notes” I jotted down.  First is the notation that you don’t want to use a salty ham like country ham or prosciutto. (In my opinion, it could also be left out).  The note about the onions means that you ‘sweat’ them… not caramelize them. 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.