Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Vicks VapoRub Cure?

I’ve been quiet this week because I came back from another visit to MO with the worst case of ‘baby crud’ ever.  From Thursday afternoon even to today, I have been hacking and gagging.  (I’ll spare you the gory details…)  The worst of it is the constant coughing that is making me sore like I’ve been doing crunches all day and breaks up my sleep at night. 
 
 
I’m sure you’ve seen the “Vicks VapoRub on the feet cures coughing in 15 minutes” all over Pinterest.  I took note of it mainly because I LOVE the smell of Vicks.  (As a child I had a little jar of it on my nightstand that I would sniff just because I liked it.)
 
Well, the time has come to put the folk lore to the test… 
 
 
Himself rubbed in the Vicks and I put on some thick socks.
 
 
And I started timing.  (Actually started at 6:15 but took a couple minutes to get myself ‘comfy’ for the wait).  I noticed my feet started to feel very warm. 
 
 
Fifteen minutes later…
 
 
…still coughing.  Feet are feeling tingly too. 
 
 
After waiting another 15 minutes, I get up and go amuse myself on the computer for an hour.  After a total of an hour and a half of waiting, I give up.  It did NOT work for me.  And I really, really wanted it to. 
 
However, once I pulled off the socks and wiped off the excess Vicks, I had fantastically soft and good smelling feet!

3 comments:

  1. Such a shame it didn't work!

    I love the smell of Vicks though.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read about Vick's on feet. Never tried it, although I DO apply it to my chest and under my nose when I'm feeling congested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to admit there is a lot of merit in having good smelling feet,LOL. Maybe Vick's should advertise the cure for stinky feet.
    Have a great day. I do hope that you are feeling better, and thanks for the laugh.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.