Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Flowers That Fly

Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
 
~~Nathaniel Hawthorne
 
 
While in Missouri, I had the opportunity to visit the Sophia Sachs Butterfly House in Faust Park with my Mom and Little Bird.
 
 
Love this display!
 
 
Little Bird and butterflies have some things in common.  They are pretty and they seldom sit still! 
 
 
She wasn’t impressed with the butterflies’ lunch… old bananas.
 
 
The blue morphos enjoyed it tho.
 
 
Here’s one fluttering around a piece of banana that was dropped on the walkway. 
 
 
Little Bird pointed out every butterfly she saw and wanted its picture taken. 
 
So I did! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This last one would NOT hold still.  This is the best shot I could get but I just had to include it.  I think it is one of the prettiest I saw.
 
 
Little Bird liked pointing out the butterflies but she wasn’t too keen on them getting close to her!  This blur is her dancing away from a butterfly that took an interest in her.  You can see the orange blur straight above the little sign and just a bit higher than her head. 
 
I have to admit…they can be a bit startling when they flutter straight for your face!
 
 
There is an area where you can observe the chrysalis of different butterflies.  Might even be fortunate enough to see one emerge!
 
 
“New born” butterflies plumping and drying their wings.
 
Besides the butterflies, the greenhouse is full of beautiful tropical flowers.
 
 
 
 
 
They were lovely.  This last one had the most wonderful scent. 
 
 
A gentle reminder.  Little Bird said the butterfly was reading the sign. 
 
 
My little butterfly resting… time to go home.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the butterfly and flower collection. I'm thinking that beautiful butterfly that played out in the backseat is the one you went to visit this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    Bev B

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.