Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Decorative Chests Repurposed to Seasonal Shoe Storage

With my decluttering and organizing projects, I’m on the lookout for ways to store things using what I already have.  When we bought a new bed with a much lower frame I lost my underbed storage for my off season shoes. 


A light bulb in my head went off while I was dusting this little stack of chests in our bedroom.  They were empty… why not put shoes in them?

So I pulled out the boxes I’d stuffed shoes in and laid them out…
Not only did I find my winter shoes, I found a bunch of summer shoes I’d been looking for!  I also used the opportunity to purge a few pair that just didn’t suit me or were a bit too worn.
Now everything is neatly stored until it’s time to change over the season…which here in TN is after Thanksgiving.

Using the chests has freed up a lot of floor space in the guest room closet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.