Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Organized Storage for Screws

Time for another challenge at Mary Organizes (actually there's been several challenges I haven't gotten up... I'm working on them!).  This one is for her challenge of 'storage areas'.  

I've been working on a variety of projects and have been repeatedly having issues of not having or not knowing where screws of the size I need are hiding.  After my last project came to a screeching halt because I couldn't find the right screw, I threw a mild hissy fit.  

Well...maybe it wasn't so mild...

Long story short, we made a trip to Lowes where I bought general screws in every size increment from 5/8" up to 2"!  I then snagged one of my organizers out of my studio.


First into the organizer were the screws I had just purchased.  Then I pulled all the screws out of the chaotic mess of an organizer I had in the closet.


I sorted them by length...don't care what 'kind' of screw they are.  I'll figure out what I need as I go! 


 The new ones are in their own section and the miscellaneous ones are mixed together in another section.


Next step was to write on the lid what the sizes are in the section below.

Now as I find random piles of screws, I'm sorting them into this organizer.  I'll use the small organizer I pulled them from to have small nails, picture hangers, and so on that I need for home projects.

And hopefully... no more hissy fits!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.