Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Twenty Five Books in Fifty Two Weeks

I recieved a birthday greeting that really got me to thinking.  The greeting was:

Happy Birthday, Teri! Hope the year ahead is filled with great books and a couple of stamps in your passport!

I have so many books I need to read... SO many.  I decided since I said I'm going to turn away from the electronics and towards reading more, it would be a good idea to pull out 25 books (a book every 2 weeks on average) to read over the next year.  I'm going to keep them on one shelf and when I get done, turn them around backwards on the shelf.

So here is my reading list!




The Beautiful People of Kenya by Amin Willets-Tetley
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
Weep Not, Child by Ngugi wa Thiong'o
Dragon Fire, Ocean Mist by Yvonne Palka
Thistle Soup by Peter Kerr
Great Lion of God by Taylor Caldwell
A Million Little Ways by 
East of the Mountains by David Guterson
Sewing for Dummies by Jan Saunders Maresh

(The first three are part of a challenge to read 5 books by African writers by the end of the year.)




Outlander by Diane Gabaldon
Dragonfly in Amber by Diane Gabaldon
Voyager by Diane Gabaldon
Sailor Song by Ken Kesey
A Week In Winter by Mauve Binchy
Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado
The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty

(If I don't like the first of the Diane Gabaldon series, I'll need to pick 3 new books.)




The Good Earth by Pearl Buck
A Gathering of Old Men by Ernest Gaines
Glimpses of an Invisible God by Vicki Kuyper
The Lost Painting by Jonathon Harr
Name Above All Names by Alistair Begg
The Crofter and The Laird by John McPhee
Breaking the Surface by Vicki Kuyper
The Path Between the Seas by David McCullough
The Bounty by Caroline Alexander



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.