Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Seriously? A 'Rose' By Any Other Name Costs Twice As Much

One of the things I'm doing this year is trying even more foods that are new to me.  


So on our last trip to Whole Foods we passed through the produce section where there was a display of small citrus fruits labeled "Satsuma".

With the pretty 'leaves-on' display and higher than average price for a citrus fruit I assumed it was something a bit more exotic than the normal fare.

I bought one to sample.



Peeled, Himself and I tried it.  It had a some what deeper or more musky taste than our normal Clementines.  But it wasn't what I'd call unique.

So I Goggled "satsuma".

It's just a TANGERINE!!

An over-priced tangerine with a fancy name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.