Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thai Tea Sweet Rice dessert (with recipe)

This month's challenge on Improv Cooking was "tea and honey".  The first tea that came to mind was Thai tea.  Thinking of the sweetness of Thai ice tea I knew what my dish was going to be... Thai Tea Sweet Rice dessert.  

I think this is going to be my go-to dessert for when I want something with little fuss.  The recipe is for individual servings as this isn't quite to Himself's tastes.



Thai Tea Sweet Rice

One cup cooked basmati rice
1/4 cup prepared Thai ice tea*
Cinnamon for sprinkling
Honey to drizzle on top

Prepare your rice according to package instructions.  When the time is up, take the rice off the heat and fluff.  Replace lid and let set about 10 more minutes.

For each serving, use one cup of rice.  Place in a mixing bowl and pour over 1/4 cup of prepared Thai tea (already with sugar and sweetened condensed milk added).  Let sit about 5 minutes so the rice mostly absorbs the tea.

Drizzle with cinnamon and honey to taste.  Serve warm.


*Thai tea mix can be purchased in international food markets or on Amazon.  If you've never had a Thai iced tea, I would suggest you have one from a Thai restaurant first.  They are different.... and very sweet.






3 comments:

  1. Teri, thanks for joining me! This looks so comforting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri...I love rice, and especially in desserts! I bet the tea imparts such a unique flavor to the rice. I would LOVE a warm bowl of this! What a great recipe for tea & honey this month! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmmmmmm -- I can see I'm going to be needing to take a trip to my Asian market for some thai tea mix! :P

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.