Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

Spring is in the Air! Nashville Lawn & Garden Show

Our harbinger of Spring is the annual Lawn & Garden Show in Nashville.  Although sometimes it doesn't seem so 'spring'... like last year when it snowed 4 inches the day before the show opened.

This year was perfect.  Temperatures in the low 60s, a gentle breeze, and the trees are starting to bloom.


My favorite thing at the show this year was this pavilion.  Isn't it just an overload of cuteness?


I bet I could make one of these!

The framing is simple.  I have the windows.  And there are plenty of places I could pick up some old tin roofing.

Hmmmmmm...


The fireplace is wonderful too.  That would be a bit harder to pull off though.


This type of roof would be easy to do.

There were MANY lovely water features.


Who would have thought to use a cypress bucket?


I like the way they used the rocks.


Oh yes!  Wouldn't this be perfect on a patio?


I really like the drilled boulder fountains.


A nice small waterfall.


And a larger waterfall.


There was even a pond!


This was a very interesting display.  A tiny fountain makes a stream through a cut stone.  How unique!


These stone fire pits are so neat.  I like the balls set in this one.


Wouldn't this be a cozy sitting area?

Other displays were definitely full of whimsy.


Recycled EVERYTHING.


A Hobbit home.  I think it was constructed from a piece of large culvert pipe.


And a giant fairy garden.  There were about eight different fairy houses in the area.

I always find some DIY projects to do...


This would be so easy to make.


So would this bench.


I'd like to learn to make these.

There was so much eye-candy to see.


A small Zen garden.


Lovely.


Beautiful color on these tulips.


Cute but I'd be afraid of the hive being knocked off that bench.


Nice landscaping.


Great outdoor fireplace.


And finally, a lovely idea for a bird bath.

So... are you ready for Spring?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.