Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Sloth Running Team...

... "We get there when we get there".


At the end of the year, one of the 'slower' runners in Team Red, White, and Blue (the veteran's group we are part of) put this up on the Facebook page.

Team RBW  has many different athletic opportunities.  There are runners - everything from 5K to ultra marathoners.  There are back packers and ruckers.  There are those who canoe.  There are gym rats and yoga folk.  There are swimmers.

But there wasn't a group for people who wanted to walk for fitness.  I would love to have a group to walk with.  I am so tired of watching people's backsides disappear over the hill.

Why NOT have a walking group?

I said as much on the FB page and my notification tab starting popping.  Seems I voiced what others were thinking too.

So after a bit of discussion and coordinating the Sloth Running Team was born!


On Thursday nights there are a group of runners who do two to six miles downtown.  We all meet at the same place... 


...then the runners go bounding off and the walkers head out on their own route.


When we are done, we meet back at the coffee shop we started at for visiting with a hot cuppa something.  (OK, I confess...that big hot delicious cinnamon roll chased me all the way back to our table.  I'll fight it off next week!  Promise!)



Once it gets warmer, I'll be wearing my team shirt.  But not on the mid-30s nights it has been lately!

On the road again...
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
The life I love is SLOTH RUNNING with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.