Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Taste of Scotland

  Getting back to doing my recipes from a different country each month.  Since July was 'my' month... the recipes are all Scottish!

For my meal I start with a appetizer of Scotch Eggs.



I'll have to work on getting a consistent and thin layer of sausage around the egg so it cooks evenly and quickly.



These were everywhere in Scotland.  You can even buy them pre-made.


This is the Scotch Egg I got at Smoo Cave Hotel in Durness, Scotland.  The egg is SOFT boiled.  Absolutely brilliant and I'm still trying to figure out how she did it.


Next course is Tomato and Basil Soup.


We've had an abundance of tomatoes AND basil.  This recipe is a perfect way to use them.


It is a thin soup, just right for sipping out of a cup.



It is delicious!



It is very much like the tomato soup we had at The Harbour, a restaurant on the southern part of Skye island.

Our entree is Finkadella...a beef meatball.  

Served as a main course soup.



Served as a meat selection with a gravy made from the broth.




The vegetable course has an even more fun name... Rumbledethumps!




Potatoes and cabbage with melted cheddar... Scottish comfort food, for sure!




And dessert was the light and delicious Cranachan.






Again from The Harbour restaurant on Skye, a raspberry cranachan.

Ahhhh.... wonderful memories....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog comments are moderated. Therefore spam, snarks, and any other garbage will not be displayed. And I'm NOT buying anything.